A Dream Deferred By Temptations

Initially, I was not too mad that another black athlete had been wrongfully accused of raping a white woman, I just blamed it on him for being careless & believing his invincibleness. You gotta be more careful messing with certain women of certain ethnics. My assumption made me look silly but when I heard the voice of the woman and discovered she was not white, yet she was an african-american female I was mad, anger rose over me because he was outsmarted by the power of the p-u-s-s-y by a sista! Furthermore, I felt hurt and a sense of failure because I feel that Brian Banks is somewhat like myself when it comes to the lifestyle & mentality of an athlete in pursuit of the next level. When that pursuit is snatched away by a woman, the law, a snitch or politics, its painful. If you've experienced either, or something more extreme then you know how it feels when its gone so suddenly.



This story reminds me a lot of this poem. How was Brian Banks suppose to cope knowing he was innocent? Knowing his life was being toyed with by the system and a woman? That's tough but as the saying goes... Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do. 





Comments