Sandra Bland is Royalty

If you have a heart, brain and are able to speak, never silence yourself. Take that risk. Cowards are loud, some are shockingly quiet and when they do decide to speak, they will try to convey their point in manipulative fashion because it is well thought out, they are the authors of persuasion. While watching the painful, prideful and pivotal Sandra Bland documentary on HBO, I was pleased with the strength of the women in her family. I honor women to a different degree, black women that is. I am specifically referring to black women because I was born from the wound of a black woman, I have a special understanding for black women and feel I have to display a high level of protection towards them. I was not the biggest Tupac fan but that part about, getting our name & game from a woman and wondering why we take from our women and rape our women, even I ask myself still do we hate our women?

Pac could not have been alive to see and hear of the treatment of Sandra Bland. Trust that most men are scared to protect at all cost. "I think it's time to kill for our women, time to heal our women, be real to our women, and if we don't we'll have a race of babies that will hate the ladies, that make the babies." Where are the lies?

Sandy. She was silenced. Her mom thinks so. I as well. You have to recognize people and their tendencies. Read body language. Listen. Liars have no empathy. They just follow a script. There weren't a plethora of songs in honor of Sandra Bland, who's role was it to plaster her name everywhere? We've been programmed to not value our queens. Dating, protecting, loving, empowering, nurturing, raising, respecting, cherishing, cuddling and many other -ings yet abusing, hurting, molesting, neglecting and killing remain high on the list.

Change the -ings because the more we lack at not protecting our queens, we are making it tough to create kings. New slavery is being silent. Don't be. Speak for Sandy.

Comments