Put Yourself 1st - Not Being Selfish Leads To Failure

I'm starting to think more & more that to be successful is being selfish. It's important to not be accessible all the time. Remember when there were no phones? I like being unreachable.

I woke up today (June 17, 2012) wanting to change after I heard a song...

She sang. THEN A tear rolled down. Then more. and more. I tried to sing but my voice kept cracking, like I was speechless... I was speechless because She sang and said, "I told the storm to pass, storm you can't last, Go Away, I command you to move today." 

Maybe it started in the gym, when I could not guard my opponent, my lateral movement was horrible. he kept getting pass me. After the 3rd game I played, I couldn't compete anymore. The gym was hot, I wasn't hydrated enough, I was out of shape man, so I just sat in front of the fan, at least that felt good. I was hooping with dudes that play professional basketball, some that have had a stint in the NBA, majority of them play overseas, but I couldn't hang but maybe it didn't start there.

It could have been working, I was in a new setting even though I was back home where It started... this time it was different. The last time I lived in Illinois was 1999. I was older, more mature and working at a place I had dreamed of as a kid, WGCI. Being that I have BIG DREAMS, I thought I failed because I did not land that dream gig I planned for. So, frustration began to build, I had to do something different.

My internship was complete. What's Next? Damn that stumps me. Oh yeah, send out resumes! Lets see how that goes (sarcasm). 

Ego, Pride and all that jive had to be put in my back pocket. But I just could not do it so fast.  






My relocation back to Michigan has been a challenge. <--- BUT I heard God gives his toughest soldiers a lil bit more adversity than others.

Comments