What Is Mainstream Music?











 I don't really rock with mainstream music... I only purchase a select few of artists' albums. I'm very selective when it comes to music. Most would assume I'm strictly Hip-Hop but I'd like to refer to my ears as diverse. There are a few genres I rock with... "if it don't touch my soul then I don't listen to it."

But I rock with some of the cool music now-a-days. I like to think of my ear as "it," I've always listened to the best music. In my honest opinion, the substance in music has taken a dive into weak sauce. I know what happened, but most importantly, we the people need to demand more from artist that say whatever just to make a dollar. Cheers to those that still have fun making music, those that enjoy the art, those who still represent that culture.































There are albums overtime that have had an impact on my ears and it remains difficult for me to listen to certain new things because I always hear the songs I relate to so much... they put me in a certain place and sometimes I don't wanna leave.

 

So what is mainstream music to me? It's the "main" shit I listen to.

AD

Comments